Fall is one of my favorite seasons and it’s just around the corner! I enjoy the beautiful hues of reds, oranges, yellows and greens of the fall. The energizing feeling of the lower temperatures in the evening and the expectation of Thanksgiving day, a great day to spend with family and friends. Also, clay crafts are one of the favorites here too. My daughter enjoys it very much. I think we have one of her crafts in every room of the house. This time, I am thinking that this small craft can also be a great gift for the teachers for fall decorations in the classrooms. I think they look great on the refrigerator too holding those reminders and calendars. Here is an autumn clay magnets DIY idea!
I used air dry natural clay and air dry white clay. Also the ink colors are green, red and cream which give that look and feel of the fall with the leaves stamps.
These autumn clay magnets turned out very pretty. This craft can be done in a few minutes, however it could take a few hours for the drying process.
- air dry clay or natural clay
- clay sculpting tools
- roller or glass jar
- autumn leaves stamps
- round template
- glue gun with glue
- sanding paper
Here is how to make fun autumn clay magnets…
1. Gather all your materials as described above, and select a flat surface, then with your hand make a ball out of the clay and flatten and stretch with the hands as much as possible.
2. Roll the clay in a flat surface to about 1/4 inch, I used a glass jar. Another way to do this is to use a roller.
3. Stamp the flat clay with the leaves stamps and the different color ink until you cover enough of the surface area. This is where you get creative with either a pattern or no pattern at all. I like the ad hoc style of these ones.
4. With the template and the clay sculpting tool cut out the circle of clay. Smooth out the edge with your hands and allow to air dry for a few hours.
5. Once dry, smooth out the edges with the sand paper. Then, after the clay has fully dry glue the magnet on the back where there is no pattern.
6. Place on your refrigerator with the most beautiful picture of the family… or prepare as a gift for friends and family and give away as a hostess favor on Thanksgiving day!