Making handmade lotion bars is another simple DIY for those DIY lovers like me. These lotion bars are luxurious and smell amazing. I like the hint of cocoa with the wonderful scent of lavender, I added some peppermint for the extra boost in energy that you get from the wonderful peppermint aroma.
Ingredients and materials you will need for the Lavender and Peppermint lotion bars
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, please see disclosure here.
- 3 oz beeswax
- 3 oz cocoa butter (or shea butter)
- 3 oz coconut oil
- 20-30 drops of lavender essential oil (buy it here)
- 15-20 drops of peppermint essential oil (buy it here)
- glass measuring cup
- silicone molds
How to make lavender and peppermint lotion bars
- Place the beeswax, cocoa butter and coconut oil in the glass measuring cup and allow to melt in a water bath.
- Once melted, remove from the water bath and wait for 1-2 minutes then add the essential oils
- Pour the liquid in the silicone molds and allow to fully solidify
- Remove from molds and enjoy
This is a very simple recipe and there are so many great combinations of essential oils that can be used. I love lavender and Frankincense, these are my favorite but Orange and Cedarwood would be another great combination for an earthy aroma.
These ingredients melt easily in the warmth of the hands and have fantastic health benefits. The coconut oil is a great moisturizer, the cocoa butter has antioxidants and the essential oils such as lavender help in relaxation as well as also help with improving skin conditions.
Lotion bars are also a great gift for friends and family. I like the recipe as is, especially for the warm temperatures however you can create a softer bar by reducing the ratio of beeswax.
Click here to see the list of great parties I will be linking to this week.